I made this for a couple of girlfriends for dinner the other night. Husband was away on business, kids were eating burgers, we were drinking wine and carnage was raging. As it tends to do with six kids in the house.
Anyway, a simple salad seemed like the logical thing to pull together. I wanted it to be easy (so I wouldn’t drink one glass too many and forget what I was supposed to be doing) with just a few ingredients and fast to make.
So here you have it. If you wanted to be even lazier, you could skip grilling the nectarines and just cut them into wedges.
BTW, I used nectarines instead of peaches because they come away from the stone cleanly. And I’m all about the presentation (as if).
GRILLED NECTARINE, PROSCIUTTO AND MOZZARELLA SALAD
2 ripe nectarines, stone removed, quartered
100g rocket leaves, give or take
1/2 red onion, finely sliced
1 ball mozzarella
Handful fresh basil leaves
Extra virgin olive oil
- Heat barbecue or griddle pan until smoking. Grill nectarine quarters until very brown. Set aside to cool.
- Arrange rocket leaves and red onion on a platter
- Top with torn mozzarella and prosciutto (also torn), and nectarine quarters
- Tear basil leaves, and sprinkle over the salad
- Drizzle with vincotto and olive oil to taste
- Serve immediately.