This recipe was inspired by my friend Charlotte’s lovely step-father Les, who makes a version of this as his signature dish. When he heard I was planning to make this, he even provided the Oricchiette pasta! Thanks Les x
It was a perfect excuse to try L’Authentique’s latest creation – an Italian Luganega pork sausage, with parmesan, fresh garlic and white wine. I tested some of the sausages at Farro yesterday for them, and we sold out in minutes! They’re that good.
If you can’t find Luganega, feel free to exchange for a good pork and fennel sausage instead.
L’AUTHENTIQUE LUGANEGA SAUSAGE ORECCHIETTE WITH BROCCOLI
Serves 6 generously
500g orecchiette pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped
500g Luganega sausage (approx 2 packs)
1 red capsicum, cut into small dice
1 cup chicken stock
1 head broccoli, cut into small florets
1/4 cup cream
1/2 cup parmesan, grated
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Salt/Pepper to taste
- Heat a large pot of salted water. When boiling, add the pasta and cook to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy based frying pan, heat the olive oil over a moderate heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, until onion is soft (about 5 minutes)
- Using a small sharp knife, split the sausage casing, and remove the sausage from the skins. Add the sausage meat to the pan, and cook, using a wooden spoon to break up.
- Add the chicken stock and capsicum, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, stir to combine and cook for another 2 minutes
- Add the cream and parmesan and cook until the cheese has melted and combined
- Add parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss through the pasta and garnish with extra parsley and grated parmesan.