SCALLOPS WITH PETITE POIS A LA FRANCAISE
Fresh scallops (allow 5-6 per person)
1 Tbsp butter
4 rashers streaky bacon, chopped
500g frozen baby peas
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cos lettuce, finely shredded
150ml white wine
Handful parsley leaves, chopped
- Heat a frying pan to hot, sear scallops until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Melt a knob of butter in the pan. Add chopped bacon and cook until bacon is crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Reduce heat and add finely diced onion and chopped garlic. Cook until onion is soft.
- Pour over white wine. Bring to a simmer, stirring to lift the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add frozen peas and shredded iceberg lettuce and simmer until lettuce is wilted and peas are just cooked (this shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes)
- Stir through parsley leaves and season to taste.
- Onto deep plates, ladle the peas and juices. Top with scallops and sprinkle with a little extra parsley. Serve.